Sunday, September 8, 2013

Kiss Me Hard Before You Go

I was in a shop on Friday and heard the song Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey. I love her voice but don't love all her music. When I heard this though, oh wow, I stayed in the shop until the song was over. I didn't buy anything though - I wanted a new dress but sadly saw nothing. 

When I got home, I put the song on again (love Spotify) - and again - and again… I'm kind of obsessive. So here's to saying goodbye.

First, goodbye to summer. We've had an amazing summer here in Holland which I thought would never happen. Hardly any rain for six weeks. Went to the beach for the last time this season and it was really wonderful and I'm ok to say goodbye now as it's been so beautiful.

Another goodbye - this one is a really good one. I had written an e-mail to a friend and he questioned something I had said in that message. It was something about shame - shame at my kink. He questioned that and as soon as he did, I realized it was an old sentence. An old shame and it didn't fit anymore. I no longer felt or feel ashamed about my kink. In fact, I am starting to think people will prefer me to stop talking about it! Ah well, I've been silent so long I've got some making up to do. 

So, to shame I say: I don't know when you left, but I'm glad you did. Wait, to put a positive spin on it - I'm glad you changed into something other than what you were.

I feel like I had something else to say goodbye to but kids are around as I write this, someone's baking a cake, I'm trying to listen to my song, and I must go. Have a lovely Sunday.

0 comments: