Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gratitude

I don't live in the US at the moment but I love this holiday - it's like the opening of the holiday season for me. There's so much I'm grateful for that I hope this doesn't turn into a giant run on sentence...I'll try to limit myself. Here goes - my gratitude list:

1.  First, I'm so so grateful for my family, my kids who are completely crazy and who keep me real and laughing - most of the time - when I'm not pulling my hair out.

2.  My husband who is totally supportive, who I think loves me way more than I deserve.

3.  For my friends - virtual and in person - who are the best friends, the most wonderful, open loving group of people anyone could ever hope to have around them. I want to make a special note here for those I've found within the spanking community on line. You guys are awesome. I love you. You fill a space that was empty for too long.

4. I'm completely grateful for being able to do what I love. This past summer, we were sitting at the beach on vacation and I remember saying to my husband that I am just as happy writing as I am sitting here.

5. I'm so happy to have found my current publisher. Korey and James are wonderful - so good I don't have to spend time looking for another publisher and that makes me happy.

I feel like I'm accepting an Emmy or something...bear with me because really, this last part is important.

6. I'm grateful for all of you who read my books and keep me writing, for those of you who send me notes or poems (love those), who reach out to say I've somehow touched you. For all of you who leave reviews - I read every single one (sometimes over and over again) and I thank you so very much for taking the time.

There's so much more to this list but I'll stop here. There's turkey to be eaten and families to enjoy. Maybe...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow Americans and, well, it's a lovely holiday - thanks-giving so I'm just going to say it to all, Americans and not - Happy Thanksgiving.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for you too, Natasha!
hugs!

Unknown said...

I totally felt that hug :) xoxo

Rogue said...

What a sweet Thanksgiving acceptance speech -- I mean Thankful For list!! :)
I know exactly what you mean by friends filling the void. We become family! Enjoy the holidays, Natasha!!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your Emmy. :) You should give an acceptance speech for all these blessings in your life. Oh wait, you just did!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

That was good, huh? ;)

Yes, we do. And it's the kind of family I don't dread having to visit over the holidays. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Rogue.

Roz said...

And the Emmy goes to .... LoL. Such a lovely post Natasha and a wonderful list. Although we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, it is a great reminder to us all to give thanks for our blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs,
Roz

Unknown said...

How lovely that you celebrate Thanksgiving even if you're not in the states now. :)
Enjoy your turkey and your family. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
(And I agree. Korey and James are wonderful.)

Unknown said...

Dude, I totally missed this post!! It made me tear up a little. I am thankful for you and spankings :)
I love you!