Saturday, April 30, 2016

Beautiful Liar: A Sneak Peek


Hi Everyone! I hope you're having an awesome weekend! I am just getting the files for Beautiful Liar ready for the formatter! I'm super excited and super nervous all at once. I don't think that ever goes away with an upcoming release. 

I promised to share an excerpt (last week - apologies) so here is the first taste of Beautiful Liar. I hope you love it and love Slater and MacKayla. They're going to go through a rough ride but I promise you a beautiful HEA. Finally...

Look for the book very early next week! Earlier than I expected by a few days! Thanks everyone!

Prologue

Slater

My bike’s engine rumbled as I pulled into the parking lot of Hello Kitty Kat, a little strip club outside North Bend, Oregon. I took it all in: the old, windowless cabin-like structure; a red neon sign above the door, flashing the image of a half-naked woman wearing the predictable cat ears and a tail; the letter O burned out so it read HELL KITTY KAT.

Four bikes stood in a row near the entrance, but pickups took up the majority of the parking spots in the lot. For a Thursday night, the place was hopping.

I pulled my bike into line with the other four, killed the engine, and grabbed a pack of cigarettes out of my pocket. I lit one and took a long drag. I held the cigarette between thumb and forefinger, got off my bike, and headed for the entrance. Before I reached it, two men pushed the door open. Music drifted out, a slow, predictable tune to which I imagined one of the kitties stripped. I checked my watch. A little after one in the morning. This was a twenty-four-hour establishment, and I admit, the day the shit had hit the fan, I’d found myself at a strip club similar to this and hadn’t left for a full forty-eight hours.

One of the men stumbled into me. I caught and righted him. He looked up. And up.

“Oh. Sorry man,” he mumbled.

I was a big guy. Six feet six and 250 pounds of muscle covered in tats. The man stepped backward, and this time, his friend caught him.

“Lou here’s had a little too much to drink,” his friend, who seemed the less drunk of the two, said, slurring his words.

“No problem.” I tossed the butt of my cigarette on the ground.

The guy nodded and quickly took Lou toward his truck. I saw him glance back at me and pocket his keys. “I don’t think I can drive, man,” I heard him say.

“Well, I know I can’t,” Lou said.

They both apparently found that hilariously funny and, after recovering from their belly laugh, walked toward the road.

Two less drunks behind the wheel tonight. That was a good thing.

Crushing the still smoking butt under my boot, I pulled the door open and entered. The place reeked of beer, sweat, and horny men, but I didn’t care about that. I was here for one reason and one reason alone.

The woman onstage finished. The men cheered and whistled while she collected her discarded garments and, after blowing one final kiss to the audience, left the stage.

“What can I get you?” the bartender asked.

“Whiskey.”

He nodded and poured out a glass of Jack. I paid the man and took my drink to find a quiet place in the back just as the music started and the lights went up on the stage. I finished my first and ordered a second while watching two more women dance before it was finally her turn.

The whole room went still. I leaned an elbow on the table and rested my chin on the backs of my fingers as music began to play and soft light settled on the stage. For a moment, it seemed like the whole place held its breath until she finally appeared to a round of whistles. The spotlight followed her feet, encased in strappy, high-heeled sandals, as she walked toward the center of the stage where the pole stood. There, she turned to the side, hands gripping the metal as the light slowly caressed her calf and rose up along her thigh, to her hips clad in dark lace. When she moved, it wasn’t like any other stripper I’d ever seen. There was something different about her, something just out of reach. She didn’t belong here, and that fact made her all the more desirable.

It made you want.

I watched, along with all the other hungry men in the room. Her body gyrated to the soft music, slow and dark as the spotlight finally reached her waist, where a jewel sparkled from the piercing in her belly button. She turned, the muscles in her arm tensing as she supported her weight. The light caught her breasts, small, full, and wrapped in lace. The sight of them instigated another round of whistling and catcalls from the crowd.

As the spotlight continued panning upward, she turned her head. I saw that her dark hair was confined to a tight bun on top of her head. The music suddenly changed, the beat picked up. She looked out into the audience. Everything about her, her body, her face, her eyes—even from this distance—everything screamed erotic, right down to her pink tongue licking her full crimson lips.

Then MacKayla Simone began her striptease.

I leaned back, hiding my face deeper in the shadows, even though she couldn’t see me due to the distance and the bright lights trained on her. I watched, my cock hardening, the memory of her in my arms, lying beneath me, still fresh. She released the bun and sent thick, dark waves of hair cascading down her back. Her body moved as if one with the music. She closed her eyes as she stripped off her bra. The crowd went insane. She gave them one hell of a show, shaking those tits, playing with her nipples, reaching down her belly, only to stop as one fingernail grazed the top of the lace triangle over the mound of her sex.

I wondered if I were sitting closer if I’d be able to see the slit of her pussy. See if she was wet. If I’d be able to smell her sex.

I swallowed hard, my cock throbbing against my jeans, and narrowed my eyes, forcing myself to remember what this woman had done to me. How one night with her had cost me everything. Every. Fucking. Thing. My wife. My daughter. My career. My name.

One night. A moment of weakness. And I’d paid. How I’d paid.

I downed the rest of my whiskey. MacKayla turned and gave us a view of her ass, spreading her legs wide and bending deep. The string between her ass cheeks was the only barrier between her and fifty men with raging boners. I stood, knowing my time had come. It wasn’t revenge I wanted, not exactly. I only wanted what was owed me, and the way I figured it, MacKayla Simone owed.

She owed me fucking big.

Now Available at the following stores!
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon CA
iBooks
Kobo
Coming soon to Barnes and Noble!

If you'd like to be notified of this new release, you can sign up for my newsletter here. I send less than a dozen a year so you'll (hopefully) never tire of me! 


Synopsis for Beautiful Liar 

Slater

Everything I believed was a lie. Everything except for her, the one person I blamed for it all.
  
MacKayla Simone was beautiful. She was sexy as hell. She was also the setup.

One night.

Sex that rocked my world.

Rocked it to its very foundations because the next thing I knew, she and I made the headlines of every paper, every news channel across the country, and it cost me everything.

But that wasn’t the worst of it. That came when I learned who was behind the set-up. That was when I understood what it meant to be destroyed absolutely.

I don’t know why I went after MacKayla. She’d been a pawn just like me. But it was all I could do, all I had left. Hell, it was the one thing keeping me from tumbling into the abyss and never coming back into the light.

Find her. Find the girl who’d fucked me. Find her and make her pay.

MacKayla

I didn’t know who Slater Vaughn was, but if I had, it wouldn’t have mattered. Not when my sister was in trouble. I would have done what I did anyway. You can judge me. You can call me a whore. But I would have done it anyway.

One night, they’d said. Make him want you, let him have you. Easiest money in the world for just one night of my life.

Only it wasn’t one night because that night obliterated Slater Vaughn, and he came after me. He told me I owed him, and truthfully, I did. Hell, maybe those years in hiding, I’d been waiting for him to find me. To punish me. To make me pay.

Maybe I sought his forgiveness all along.

But now that he had me, how far would he take this game? Slater Vaughn was a broken man. He had nothing left to lose. What was to keep him from taking me with him into his darkness?

7 comments:

Roz said...

Congratulations on the upcoming release Natasha! This sounds intriguing, and hot! Can't wait to read more :) Awesome excerpt, great teaser :)

Hugs
Roz

Jaye said...

Really felt like I was in that club with him. Fantastic start. Can't wait :)

Unknown said...

Wow, what a fantastic start! I was already looking forward to this release, but now I'm counting down the days. Can't wait!

Unknown said...

Early release?!!! :) Congratulations.
That excerpt gave me tingle done to my nether regions just by the sexual tension you painted with the movement of the spotlight/ burning heat of Slater's gaze (at least this is how I pictured it...LOL). Looking forward to this one.

Unknown said...

Thank you guys! I'm very excited about this book!!!

Unknown said...

As you should be. :) Always hard at work. Love the cover by the way.

Unknown said...

Da-Yum. Cannot wait to one click!!! :D